In 1959 Fr. Harry Sinnott had a vision to provide a recreational facility for young people in the Bishopswater area. He acquired a piece of land from John Conboy at the bottom of Whiterock Hill, he then enlisted the services of local tradesmen who gave up their time voluntarily, and so it was with a lot of sacrifice and two years hard graft, the St. Joseph’s Clubhouse was built and officially opened in October 1962.
We have seen a dramatic change over the years, we were known as St Joseph’s Boys club then St Joseph’s boys and girls club now we are St Joseph’s Community Centre CLG.
Today we are a community based organisation in Wexford Town. Our mission and purpose is to provide top class amenities and facilities for the general public.
We continue to provide sporting halls and rooms to rent. We are opened 7 days a week from Mon-Fri 9.00am-11.00pm Sat 8.00am-8pm and Sun 9.00am-6.00pm. there is a wide range of activities on offer.
There is a Boxing club, Pigeon club, Model railway club on the premises.